Learn to cook authentic Balinese food in our relaxed
garden kitchen overlooking the rice fields of East Bali. Your host, Kadek,
learned his skills from his mother as a child and will show you everything he
learned, from the basics to understanding the balance of ingredients used.
Along the way you will learn some new skills and have a chance to try each dish
you prepared. At the end of the course you will enjoy your feast with your
hosts and the night time sounds of tropical nature.
Rice fields panorama
- 10:00 am: Tour of the local market in
Amlapura where guests will look for ingredients needed for the class as well as
have a chance to purchase local goods as souvenirs.
- 11:00 am: Return to our location where
guests will be shown our vegetable and herb garden. Kadek will also show guests
edible plants growing in our wild garden.
- 12:00 pm: Siesta - guests can enjoy our
pool overlooking the rice fields, lounge on our open veranda and coffee/tea
- 02:00 pm: Cooking lesson
- 06:00 pm: Guests enjoy the feast they prepared with host Kadek.
Dishes are picked from our menu - we
cater to what the guests/participants want to learn to cook and to
chose 2 meat dishes and 1 vegetable dish. From chicken to fish, snacks,
condiments and a wide range of vegetable dishes. Special wishes
can be discussed with Chef Kadek and during your shopping tour at the local
Below is a sample of our menu:
- Gado Gado - steamed vegetables served with a spicy peanut
- Urap Urap - finely chopped vegetables steamed and tossed
with sambal, spices and grated coconut
- Sayur Lodeh - mixed vegetables in a mildly spiced coconut
- Pelecing Kangkung - Steamed water convolvulus tossed with
a spicy paste and grated coconut
- Opor Ayam - Chicken stewed in coconut mil with spices and
fragrant lemon grass
- Sate Ayam - Chicken on a bamboo skewer, grilled and
served with a spicy peanut sauce
- Sate Lilit - Spiced minced chicken with grated coconut on
a bamboo stick grilled.
- Rendang Ayam/Sapi - Chicken or beef simmered in spices
and coconut milk till dry.
- Pepes Ikan - fish and spices wrapped in banana leaves and
Ikan - Fish on a bamboo skewer, grilled
Treffpunkt an der Kochschule
Buche jetzt und erhalte eine sofortige Bestätigung. Bitte halte die Buchungsreferenz zum Vorzeigen bereit.
Full refund will be issued for cancellation made at least 48 hours prior to the activity