Hi! I'm Hiếu (pronounced almost like Hugh). Me and my girlfriend Spring are both vegetarians. We will guide you through this delicious exploration of Vegan Viet cuisine.
Join us on this adventure that combines mouthwatering food, vibrant neighborhoods, and fun-loving people as we get off the main streets and discover Saigon’s delicious vegan food destinations. We’ll take the best way to explore the city: on foot!
We’ll walk around two historic districts, taste unique and delightful plant-based Vietnamese dishes, and see local life up close. We’ve hand-picked the best vegan bites in the city so you don’t have to second guess, it’s a delight to share these food finds with you :)
In the past 4 years, we're deeply inspired by the plant-based diet and work together as a tour guide for 2 years - We've spent a lot of times researching and developed connections to make our tour One of the kind for you!
This tour was carefully curated for vegans but non-vegans will also find this enjoyable and worth their while. The tour is hosted by 2 Saigonese who are passionate about vegan food, and really entertaining too!
Intro to viet culture
Rice wine tasting
Visit local family
Wet market tour
Best time to start is 9 am, If you prefer a specific time, please write down in the booking page.
9:00 am - 1:00 pm or 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- 9:00 am: Meet up at Nowzone Center at 235 Nguyễn Văn Cừ street, District 1
- 9:20 am: Try a Central Vietnam favorite called Mì Quảng: thick noodles, a broth made from tamarind and vegetable stock, baby wasabi leaf, banana flowers, tofu, peanuts, carrots, and mint. It’s a cross between a salad and a noodle dish, so you get the best of both.
- 9:50 am: Cơm Tấm(broken rice): the vegan version consists of tasty slices of tofu marinated in a special vegan sauce on a bed of steamy broken rice. This dish is a staple on many Vietnamese tables.
- 10:20 am: Spring rolls: a medley of tapioca, sweet potatoes, rice noodles, herbs, and cucumber: simple, easy-to-eat but insanely delicious!
- 10:40 am: Venture further into District 3 towards Nguyễn Thiện Thuật apartment. Built in 1968, this apartment building was home to veterans of the war and is one of the oldest buildings in Saigon. Walk up the stairs and see the local people going about their everyday business, and if you can, start a conversation.
- 11:20 am: Head to Hồ Thị Kỷ flower market. Get lost in the colors and smells of this floral paradise and for a few dollars, you can pick up a lovely bouquet that you fancy.
- 11:40 am: Another market put up by Cambodians who fled their country decades ago. The shops have been passed on to children and grandchildren who now still sell Cambodian food and products. Here, we’ll try bánh phồng nướng (grilled ginger and banana pancake) and down it with nước mía (sugarcane juice) or rượu nếp (sticky rice wine)
- 12:20 pm: A cup/bowl of the famous Chè: Vietnamese sweet soup with jelly, beans and coconut milk and fresh fruits in season. It's the perfect way to cool down after half a day of exploring and discovering the city.
- 1:00 pm: End of the tour with a happy belly
You'll taste your way through the fascinating history of hidden old Saigon, stop at 5-6 food stalls to enjoy unique vegan Viet cuisines that are loved by the locals
Vegan street food including (at least 10 Vegan Viet dishes)
- Mì Quảng: Central style noodles bowl
- Gỏi: summer rolls & vegan fish sauce!
- Cơm Tấm: Signature dish in the South: BBQ tofu, broken rice & other unique toppings
- Bánh Giò: Pyramid Dumpling
- Tàu Hủ: Tofu Ginger Pudding
- Bánh Phồng: Mekong grill banana & black sesame pancake)
- Chuối Nếp: Grilled sticky rice banana
- Exotic fruits: Mangosteen, dragonfruit, rambutan, breast milk fruit
- Sticky rice wine or beer
- Drinks: Peach tea, sugarcane juice, fresh coconut
- Chè: Sweet soup
- Local family
- Wet market
- Old Communist apartment area
- Vibrant flower market
- Cambodian neighborhood
- The maze of alleys in D10
This is an eco-tour, only paper & bamboo products are used.
We'll walk about 2,5km and mostly in the shady alleys.
The tour starts off at Nowzone Center at 235 Nguyễn Văn Cừ street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city.
The best way to go to the meeting point is by Grab or Vinasun/Mailinh taxi. Keep in mind that it takes 5-10 minutes to book a Grab.
Buche jetzt und erhalte eine sofortige Bestätigung. Bitte halte die Buchungsreferenz zum Vorzeigen bereit.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity