Free pick-up included
We are the first family cooking school in Ha Long Bay that provide the best and fully hands-on cooking class with authentic Vietnamese recipes. At our cookery course, you will learn not only how to cook truly like the locals, to gain expertise in balancing flavors of saltiness, sweetness, sourness and piquancy, but you also learn and share some great common spiritual value through our professional home cook's cultural tales and stories as well as enjoy the fun of cooking. Our classes are held in a beautiful contemporary kitchen within Thuy’s Ginger Home-stay - a beautiful little oasis in the center of Halong city. Thuy - an experienced cook together with her passionate team would definitely ensure you a memorable experience.
Our menu is designed to show the best features of the most popular and typical Vietnamese dishes. All recipes are selected from fresh ingredients that available in our local market which can also be easily found in any well-stocked Asian grocery stores.. We will also show you the best substitute ingredients to cook and still keep most of our dishes’s original flavor.
A vegan or vegetarian menu is available for vegetarian lovers.
Please choose one of these menus listed below (indicate in the comment box of booking page)
Please note: only the first customer to book gets to choose, if previous customer already selected a menu, we will let you know which is available.
* Ha Long Bay Coastal Specialty - Menu 1 * High light
- Green Mango With Seafood Salad
- Dressing sauce
- Wild prawn in deep fried garlic oyster sauce on top of Bun noodles
- Charcoaled Ha Long Bay's special oyster in peanut and onion sauce
- Vietnamese coffee Northern and Southern Style
* Vietnamese Traditional Feature
- Banana blossom with beef or chicken salad
- Dressing sauce
- Traditional beef noodle soup - PHO BO
- Typical Vietnamese fresh summer rolls
- Choice of Vietnamese Egg coffee or Banana in coconut milk and cinnamon
* Vegetarian Lover:
- Vegetarian PHO noodles soup
- Typical Northen Fresh rolls with roasted rice powder
- Grilled eggplant topped with mashed tofu and mushroom sauce
- Sweet and sour dipping sauce
- Choice of Banana in Coconut milk and Cinnamon or Mango and Pomelo Pudding
Remarks: Menu usually finalized by chef after accommodating attendants' requests.
- 9:00 am: Get picked up you from your hotel.
- 9:15 am: Meet our chef at the market to tour around the market. Learn to choose some fresh ingredients needed for the lesson. Learn about the market culture and the shopping habit of Vietnamese people. Sample some typical tropical fruits.
- 10:00 am: Transfer to Ginger Cookery’s Kitchen. Relax and enjoy homemade welcome drinks. Then get your hands ready to cook the real traditional Vietnamese foods under the guidance of our professional cook.
- 12:15 pm: Enjoy your own cooking creation and then taste all delicious dishes you have just cooked from our given cook book recipe.
- 1:00 pm: Transfer back to your hotel.
- 1:15 pm – 1:30 pm: Drop off at your hotel. Trip ends.
- 3:00 pm: Get picked up you from your hotel.
- 3:15 pm: Meet our chef at the market to tour around the market. Learn to choose some fresh ingredients needed for the lesson. Learn about the market culture and the shopping habit of Vietnamese people.. Sample some typical tropical fruits.
- 4:00 pm: Transfer to Ginger Cookery’s Kitchen. Briefly relax and enjoy homemade welcome drinks. Then get your hands ready to cook the real traditional Vietnamese foods under the guidance of our professional cook.
- 6:15 pm: Enjoy your own cooking creation and then taste all delicious dishes you have just cooked from our given cook book’s recipe.
- 7:00 pm: Transfer back to your hotel.
- 7:15 pm – 7:30 pm: Drop off at your hotel. Trip ends.
Ha Long Center
Intro to vietnamese cuisine
Learn from a chef
We offer both pick-up and drop-off services within Bai Chay area. Please write the address in the booking section.
A small extra fee of 50,000d will be applied for more than 5km or outside of Bai Chay area (i.e: Hon Gai, Tuan Chau)
You will receive the confirmation of your booking's availability within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking reference number at the cooking school.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity