The Cooking School is designed for anyone with a passion for Thai cooking. It orients participants in the Blue Elephant culinary philosophy. This gives them a context to understand, appreciate and create dishes that comprise our authentic Thai cuisine menu. Children are allow to take the course and share the cooking station with their parent.
Classes are conducted in a warm, open and interactive atmosphere, where we encourage students to participate and ask questions. There is special emphasis on familiarizing students with local ingredients, theory sessions and practical cooking sessions. Our kitchens are fully equipped and are among the most modern you can find anywhere in the world.
Blue elephant apron
Blue elephant certificate
Blue elephant shopping bag and products
Learn 4 dishes
Thai herbal drinks on arrival
Morning Session (Trip to Market)
- 09.30 am: Arrival and refreshing health drinks or tea and coffee at the Blue Elephant Bar of the Governor’s Mansion Phuket Town. Departure for the local morning market. Our chef will guide you while you discover the diverse Thai fruits and vegetables and he or she will explain the use of the multicolored spices!
- 10:20 am: Time to return to the Cooking School.
- 10:30 am: Arrival at the Cooking School where a fresh Thai herbal drink and a cool towel are waiting for you. The chef will discuss the 4 course meal you will prepare. Let’s move to the theory class!
- 10:30 am: Now the chef will demonstrate and explain step by step the very Thai dishes you will prepare! Each student will receive a booklet with the recipes of the day and a Blue Elephant apron.
- 11:30 am: Time to put your hands on the cooking utensils at the Practice Room. Each student has his own space and wok. Assisted by our instructors you will learn and experience the culinary techniques of Thai cuisine. Four dishes are waiting to be prepared by you, often comprising a starter, a soup, a main dish and an accompany dish.
- 12:30 am: The course comes to an end. It is time for the remittance of the Certificate and of the Souvenir.
- 1:30 pm: Lunch. Now you can taste and enjoy your own preparation in a convivial Thai setting at the Blue Elephant Restaurant.
- Tom Yam Koong (ต้มยำกุ้ง) - Spicy and Sour Soup with Prawns
- Som Tum (ส้มตำ) - Papaya Salad
- Kaeng Keaw Waan Kai (แกงเขียวหวานไก่) - Green Curry with Chicken
- Phad Thai (ผัดไท) - Stir-fried Rice Noodle with prawns
- Kaeng Karee Gai (แกงกระหรี่ไก่) - Yellow Curry with Chicken
- Tom Jew Nua (ต้มจื๋วเนื้อ) - Beef Soup
- Tod Man Koong (ทอดมันกุ้ง) - Crispy Prawn Cake
- Yam Pla Muek (ยำปลาหมึก) - Squid Salad
- Kaeng Phed Ped Yang (แกงเผ็ดเป็ดย่าง) - Roast Duck in Red Curry
- Thoong Thong Keaw Waan (ถุงทองเขียวหวาน) - Golden Bags stuffed with Green Curry
- Pla Kra Pong Phad Nam Makham (ปลากระพงผัดน้ำมะขาว) - Stir Fried Seabass with Tamarind Sauce
- Yam Ma-Muang (ยำมะม่วง) - Spicy Green Mango Salad
- Chu Chi Pla Kra Pong (ฉู่ฉี่ปลากระพง) - Seabass Topped with Red Curry Sauce
- Koong Kra-Tieam Prik Thai (กุ้งกระเทียมพริกไทย) - Stir Fried Prawns with Garlic
- Tom Kha Gai Sai Hed (ต้มข่าไก่ใส่เห็ด) - Coconut Soup with Chicken & Mushroom
- Yam Phed Lychee (ยำเป็ดลิ้นจี่) - Duck Salad with Tangerine Sauce
- Kaeng Gai Sapparod (แกงไก่สับปะรด) - Red Curry Chicken with Fresh Pineapple
- Plaa Thod Rad Prik Saam Rod (ปลาทอดราดพริกสามรส) - Deep-fried Fish topped with 3-flavored sauce
- Satay Nua (สะเต๊ะเนื้อ) - Grilled Beef Satay
- Yam Tuaplu Koong (ยำถั่วพลูกุ้ง) - Winged Bean Salad with Prawns
- Kaeng Massaman Kai (แกงมัสมั่นไก่) - Massaman Curry with Chicken
- Tom Kamin Pla Kra Pong (ต้มขมิ้นปลากระพง) - Seabass Soup with Fresh Turmeric
- Phad Phed Nua Makeua Puong (ผัดเผ็ดเนื้อมะเขือพวง) - Stir Fried Beef with Pea Eggplant
- Samosa (ซาโมซ่า) - Crispy Golden Triangle
- Kao Soy Nua (ข้าวซอยเนื้อ) - Chiang Mai Curry Noodles with beef
- Hor Mok Poo Tod (ห่อหมกปูทอด) - Crab Souffle
- Gai Phad Khing Sod (ไก่ผัดขิง) - Stir Fried Chicken with Fresh Ginger
- Pla Neung Ma-Nao (ปลานึ่งมะนาว) - Steamed Sea Bass with Chilli & Lime Dressing
Meet at the cooking school
You will receive the confirmation of your booking's availability within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking reference number at the cooking school.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 72 hours prior to the activity