This course will teach you how to make a typical Japanese home cooked meal, 一汁三菜 (ichijyu sansai) which consists of rice, one soup and three dishes.
Learn to make home cooking in a private home of an English-speaking local in central Tokyo. This 3-hour culinary experience will not only teach you how to make full course meal, but also give you an opportunity to visit a Japanese home. The host tries to make her recipes as simple as possible so that it can easily be repeated back home.
Complimentary tea and dessert
Full course meal
- 10:00 am: Meet at instructor's home
- 10:10 am: Start cooking
- 12:20 pm: Food tasting
- 1:00 pm: Class ends
You can choose from the following 2 courses:
- Main dish - Teriyaki Grill (Choose from fish, chicken, or tofu)
- Vegetable of the season
- Dashi maki tamago (Japanese Rolled Egg Omelette)
- Miso Soup made from homemade dashi (soup stock)
- Agedashi Tofu (Deep fried Tofu with vegetables)
- Tofu Okonomiyaki
- Aburaage (Fried Tofu) Pizza
- Seasonal vegetables with Tofu Sauce (Shira-ae)
- Miso Soup
The meal is served with rice, dessert and tea or coffee.
Meet at the cooking school
You will receive the confirmation of your booking's availability within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking reference number at the cooking school.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity