Free pick-up included
Instant booking: get your confirmation immediately after booking
If you don’t have a lot of time to spare in Cusco, but you are very interested in learning more about local coffee production, and getting to know a local family in the process, then this is the tour for you!
If you embark on this tour from Cusco you will need to be ready to go at an early hour, because it takes approximately four hours to arrive at the farm. Starting from Ollantaytambo, it will take about two and a half hours to arrive at the farm.
On this tour you will:
- Learn about the process of organic coffee production
- Get to know local farming families
- Enjoy a fresh cup of artisanal coffee
- Enjoy the breathtaking landscapes of the Andes and high jungle
- Taste locally prepared food
Eat locally sourced, traditional meals
Get to know an organic coffee farm up in the high Andean jungle
Hotel pickup and transport to farm included
Talk with local farming families
Day schedule: Cusco - Huayopata (local family home)
- 5:00 am: Pick-up from your hotel to start your journey
- 9:00 am: Arrival at the local farm, where a member of the family will give you the grand tour. They will explain the work that is performed on the farm, and show you the range of produce that is harvested to support their family. Here, you will also be able to taste the available fruit in season! This locally-owned and run farm is a small one that pertains to a cooperative organization in accordance with fair trade practices, which grants it organic certification. During this initial tour of the larger farm and coffee plantation, you will come to truly appreciate all of the hard work and stages that go into preparing an excellent cup of coffee!
- 12:00 pm: Lunch on the farm! (Locally prepared family-style dishes). If you would like to try something special, guinea pig for example, we can coordinate with the family ahead of time and pay them directly upon arrival.
- 1:00 pm: Interactive demonstration on toasting coffee, where you will have the opportunity to artisanally prepare your own cup of fresh coffee.
- 1:30 pm: After a brief break soaking in the countryside, you will return to Cusco.
- 7:30 pm: Arrival in Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
You will eat what the locals eat, all with natural and locally sourced ingredients, which can include:
- Plantain soup
- Caigua stuffed with vegetables
- Chicha (Purple corn drink)
- Fresh artisanal coffee made by yourself
Pick up service is included from the hotels in town. If you would like to have a pick up from airport, we'll charge and additional $10.00 per two people and for more than 2 people, it'll be additional $5.00 per person.
Book now and receive your confirmation instantly. Please present your booking reference number at the cooking school.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity