Instant booking: get your confirmation immediately after booking
Sake School Osaka is a sake educational tasting course where you learn all about sake including its history, brewing method, ingredients, classifications, and more. You will be experiencing a wide range of sake flavors with carefully chosen sake by the sommelier. Sake is becoming a universal language and having some knowledge will make your experience even greater.
- 6 different types of sake (incl. warm sake experience)
- Small dishes for food pairing
- How to enjoy sake properly
- History of sake
- Current situation of sake in and outside Japan
- The ingredients and classifications
- How to brew with a video material
About the Sake Sommelier: Koji UENOYAMA
- Hana Sake Bar Manager
- Sake translator for Kobe Shushinkan's (Fukuju) Youtube Channel
- Former employee of Daimon Brewery
- 2017, 2018 Member of "Walk in US, Talk on Japan", Japanese Government Cultural Exchange Program
Learn all about sake
- 5:00 pm: Meeting at Hana Sake Bar (* Class starts at 4pm on Sunday)
- 5:10 pm: Total of six different sakes are served two by two.
- 5:30 pm: Enjoy the sake and small dishes to pair during the session.
- 5:45 pm: After having the fourth sake, there will be a video material. To wrap up, you'll do a sake quiz.
- 6:00 pm: End of the class
- First two sake: Dry, fresh, or smooth type
- Second two: Mellow, rich, or strong type
- Last two: Same, but different temperature to learn why we sometimes warm up sake
Appetizers to pair with sake: Typically something with tofu, vegetables, cheese, some fish (subject to change)
The class is held at Hana Sake Bar in Osaka. There is a hostel on upper floor of the building.
Book now and receive your confirmation instantly. Please present your booking reference number at the cooking school.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity