When you visit Luang Prabang, you cannot miss giving alms one morning. Do you want to learn how to prepare some traditional offerings? If yes, learn how to make some Luang Prabang sweets traditionally given to the monks with us.
- Learn how to make Luang Prabang desserts using a base of sticky rice and coconut milk that is wrapped in banana leaf.
- Our local teachers will show you how to create these delicacies scraping and squeezing coconut meat by hand, mixing the ingredients, and wrapping the sweets in banana leaves
- You will take home the sweets you made to taste and to give out in the morning almsgiving
- The class includes refreshments and free entrance to visit our historic house museum
- Steam sticky rice
- Scrape and squeeze coconut meat by hand
- Khao Tom Krathi (Sticky Rice with Coconut wrapped in banana leaf)
- or other kinds of Lao sweets
- 2:00 pm: Meeting at Heuan Chan Heritage House and welcome drink served
- 2:05 pm: Take a tour in our Historic House Museum ( a century-old Lao Wooden House)
- 2:30 pm: Take a our to our garden to learn our local trees and herbs
- 2:45 pm: Dessert Cooking Session
- 4:00 pm: Learn how to make bowl/container from banana leaf
- 4:30 pm: Enjoy Local Tea and your dessert.
- 5:00 pm: End of the class, take home with you the sweets that you made
Servicios incluidos destacados
Banana Leaf Technique
Complementary welcome drinks
Historic House Exhibits Visit
Learn from local
Recibirás la confirmación de la disponibilidad de tu reservas dentro de 24 horas. Cuando ya esté confirmado, presenta tu número de referencia de reservación en la escuela de cocina.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity