Reserva inmediata: confirmamos tu reserva instantáneamente
Please note the price of this class is the same for 1 to 9 people, since it includes the rental of one trajinera for all guests.
This tour will take you along the canals of Xochimilco, in the magical ecological reserve of Cuemanco.
You and up to 8 companions will get to explore the most traditional foods in Mexico City learning about traditional agriculture using chinampas, the same way it has been done since pre-hispanic times, their history, how they work and how they relate to the environment.
It is a relaxing tour to enjoy the landscape with a local cuisine and the company of your friends or family. Everything you will eat is locally grown and harvested.
Servicios incluidos destacados
Learn about traditional agriculture using chinampas
Locally grown ingredients
Ride on a trajinera along the canals of Xochimilco
Same price for 1-9 people
- 11:00 am: Exit to the embarcadero (Pier)
- 11:10 am: Talk to learn about the chinampa traditional agriculture system and small meal
- 11:45 am: Arrive to the chinampa to see and learn about to the crops and talk with the farmers. Sometimes we can help with some work on the farm!
- 12.30 pm: Head back to the embarcadero (pier)
- 1:10 pm: Arrive at the embarcadero (pier)
- Oaxacan chicken tamales in green sauce, mushrooms in guajillo sauce and beans with pumpkin in sesame sauce.
- Fresh salad with freshly harvested chinampa vegetables and herbs.
- Traditional cheeses of free chinampa-grazing cows.
- Guacamole with avocados from the Cuajimalpa area of small producers.
- Totopos (tortilla chips).
- Fresh tamarind water with chia.
- Café de la Olla: Coffee with cinnamon and natural sugarcane.
- Table set with clay tableware
Punto de encuentro
Embarcadero de Cuemanco, in front of the blue arcs that says EMBARCADERO DE CUEMANCO
Reserva ahora y recibe tu confirmación instantáneamente. Presenta tu número de referencia de reservación en la escuela de cocina.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity