Sake School Osaka is a sake educational tasting course where you learn all about sake including its history, brewing method, ingredients, classifications, and more. You will be experiencing a wide range of sake flavors with carefully chosen sake by the sommelier. Sake is becoming a universal language and having some knowledge will make your experience even greater.
- 6 different types of sake (incl. warm sake experience)
- Small dishes for food pairing
- How to enjoy sake properly
- History of sake
- Current situation of sake in and outside Japan
- The ingredients and classifications
- How to brew with a video material
About the Sake Sommelier: Koji UENOYAMA
- Hana Sake Bar Manager
- Sake translator for Kobe Shushinkan's (Fukuju) Youtube Channel
- Former employee of Daimon Brewery
- 2017, 2018 Member of "Walk in US, Talk on Japan", Japanese Government Cultural Exchange Program
- First two sake: Dry, fresh, or smooth type
- Second two: Mellow, rich, or strong type
- Last two: Same, but different temperature to learn why we sometimes warm up sake
Appetizers to pair with sake: Typically something with tofu, vegetables, cheese, some fish (subject to change)
- 5:00 pm: Meeting at Hana Sake Bar (* Class starts at 4pm on Sunday)
- 5:10 pm: Total of six different sakes are served two by two.
- 5:30 pm: Enjoy the sake and small dishes to pair during the session.
- 5:45 pm: After having the fourth sake, there will be a video material. To wrap up, you'll do a sake quiz.
- 6:00 pm: End of the class
Learn all about sake
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity