You can learn and experience:
- How to make miso from scratch with the help of a macrobio vegan teacher
- How to make Japanese traditional dishes using Miso.
- Very traditional Japanese dinner including steamed brown rice cooked with the clay pot, Miso soup, some vegetable dishes, tofu dish and dessert.
- A talk about soy beans and koji culture, the main ingredients of Miso with a hand out.
- To stay in the normal Japanese home with tatami mat room
- You can bring back 500g of miso that you made in the class which will mature in 9~12 months
And if time allows:
- A talk about veganism and macrobiotics
- The atmosphere is very relaxed, peaceful and intimate as the venue is located in the countryside, about 1.5 ~ 2 hours away from central Tokyo and the number of the guests are small.
- Miso making
- Brown Rice
- Miso Soup
- A few kinds of vegetable dishes
- A Miso or Tofu dish
- Japanese dessert
- Japanese herb tea
Get to know your instructors for this class.
- 1:30 pm: Pickup at the Bushu Nagase station
- 1:50 pm: Lecture on Miso ingredients and procedure of Miso making
- 2:30 pm: Cooking session
- 5:30 pm: Dinner
- 6:00 - 7:00 pm: Sending to Bushu Nagase station
Home-style Japanese dishes
Make miso from scratch
Vegan and vegetarian applicable
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity