You will learn recipes found only in a traditional Balinese family compound where the head of the house is a passionate cook such as Adi.
Start by chopping and pounding spices that you pick from our organic gardens to make Adi’s secret Balinese Spice Paste that he learned as a child from his grandfather and refined as an adult.
With your complete spice paste, you will create authentic Balinese dishes using variations of the paste - for example – raw paste to mix with tofu to be roasted, lightly sautéed paste for rich coconut curries and caramelized paste for fresh organic green salads.
Each of you will have your very own cooking station. You will cook at least 2 salads, 3 mains, 1 dessert and several spicy sambals. The classes are fully hands on where you will cook all dishes together to be shared as a Balinese feast.
You will also make key staples such as fried chilies, finely sliced fried shallots and garlic and grated roasted coconut and learn about pantry items such as Balinese sea salt, homemade coconut oil and shrimp paste.
10 cooks maximum
7 min from ubud center
Authentic balinese recipes
Balinese outdoor kitchen
Cook 12 dishes
Free pick up
Generous balinese feast
Hands on cooking
Individual cooking stations
Organic garden tour
Pick organic ingredients
Riverside garden tour
- 8:30 am: Pick Up from Behind Starbucks on Jalan Kajeng - just off Main Road Ubud.
- 8:45 am: Arrive at Tresna Bali Cooking School
- 8:50 am: Refreshments and Organic Garden Tour
- 9:15 am: Hands On Cooking Lesson of 8 Authentic Balinese VEGAN Dishes
- 12:00 pm: Lunch Feast
- 1:30 pm: Return to Ubud - drop to Bank Danamon, Main Road Ubud No. 115
If you are a solo traveler and you are interested to join this class, click here
VEGAN 8-Course Feast
No meat, no dairy, no eggs, no gluten.
PURE PLANT BASED MENU
You will prepare a total of 14 recipes including our special spice pastes for a huge Balinese Feast, not found anywhere else on this island:
- Adi’s Base Ganep (Complete Balinese Spice Paste) - our ceremonial spice paste with 17 ingredients, some that you pick from our organic gardens, VEGAN VERSION
- Base Rajang (Fragrant Spice Paste) - a lighter spice paste perfect for vegetables and tofu
- Base Kacang - homemade peanut sauce
- Sambal Goreng - a traditional staple in every Balinese Family Compound
- Sambal Tomat - rich and deep tomato spice paste of lombok chilies straight from our gardens
- Homemade Coconut Milk - Freshly extracted from coconuts, harvested from our mature coconut tree
- Jukut Mecantok - Organic greens including amaranth, snake beans, cabbage, carrot, baby mung bean sprouts with you very own homemade peanut sauce
- Urab Salad - Organic greens (depends on what’s fresh) including wild ferns, gonna (indigenous vegetable) and baby mung bean sprouts with roasted coconut, kaffir lime juice and golden shallots
- Kelor, Jepang dan Labu Mesanten - Green Moringa leaves, Chayote and Pumpkin Curry
- Tempe Manis - Sweet and spicy tempe matchsticks
- Pepes Tahu – Tofu and spicy handmade tomato sambal wrapped and grilled in banana leaves
- Sate Tahu - Skewered tofu Satay Marinated with the traditional spice paste, coconut oil and grilled over coconut husks
- Jagung Bakar (Balinese Roast Corn on the Cob) - Spicy whole cobs of corn roasted over smoky coconut husks
- Babur Injin (Black Sticky Rice Pudding) with fresh mango and homemade coconut cream
We provide complimentary pick up from one of three places in Central Ubud:
- 1) Behind Starbucks, on Jalan Kajeng (main road of Ubud)
- 2) At Bintang Supermarket
- 3) At COCO Mart, Jalan Hanomon
Drop Off After Class
The location depends on traffic, but likely to be COCOMART on Jalan Hanoman.
*We can arrange pick up from other parts of the island at additional costs.*
You will receive the confirmation of your booking's availability within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking reference number at the cooking school.
Full refund will be issued for cancellation made at least 48 hours prior to the activity