Explore a traditional Lao House built in the 1900. Learn more about local architecture, daily activities, ceremonies, traditional costume, and important festivals
- Participate in hands-on activities below the house: weaving, basketry, making offerings or handmade paper
- Learn how to make family-style Lao cuisine
Historic house exhibits visit
Learn 5 dishes
- 9:00 am: Guests arrive to Heuan Chan Heritage House, and welcome drink served.
- 9:05 am: Introduction: The Luang Prabang Way of Life
- 9:15 am: Join hands-on workshop: basketry-bamboo weaving, or making traditional offering, or weaving or mulberry paper making
- 10:00 am: Take a tour in Heuan Chan Historic House Museum
- 10:20 am: Take a tour in our garden learn our local trees and herbs
- 10:30 am: Join cooking class
- 12:30 pm: Enjoy Lunch together
- 13:30 pm: End of the tour, receiving Phouk Khaen from our Grandmothers ( A traditional way of giving blessing for our guests)
- Steam sticky rice
- Making the starter with herbs and vegetables from the garden
- Making Jeaw ( roasted vegetable dipping sauce)
- Making Larb ( Lao style Salad)
- Soup on Season
- Desserts on Season, base of coconut milk and local fruits
Meeting at Heuan Chan
Pickup service is available on your request with some extra charge.
You will receive the confirmation of your booking's availability within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking reference number at the cooking school.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity