Recogida gratuita incluida
Reyna Mendoza opens her home for traditional Zapotec cooking classes. She is a Teotitlán native who has an instinctual knowledge of the region's complex cuisine and has studied under some of the most well-respected chefs in Oaxaca.
The class includes
- Roundtrip transportation to Teotitlán del Valle (Zapotec village located 30 minutes outside of Oaxaca City)
- Morning walking tour of the Teotitlán market to purchase fresh, local ingredients
- Welcome chocolate drink and pan dulce
- Hands-on cooking experience where students prepare everything from appetizers to main dishes and dessert
- A sit-down group meal, drink, and mezcal
- Full recipe packet in English
The menu varies depending on seasonal ingredients and your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. Menu items include:
- Traditional Oaxacan hot chocolate (milk or water) and pan dulce (sweet bread) for breakfast
- Oaxacan Mole (min. 4 people in the class)
- 3 flavors of tamales
- Mole negro
- Mole amarillo
- Segueza - a classic from Teotitlán
- Teotitlán-style enchiladas (done the Zapotec way, not your regular enchiladas!)
- Pipián - Pumpkin seed mole
- Antojitos oaxaqueños: Memelas, garnachas, tetelas...
- Rajas con queso (if vegetarian option is chosen)
- Mezcal or beer to drink during the meal
*Vegan, vegetarian, and food allergy options available.
- 9:00 am: Pickup at Ethnobotanic Gardens
- 9:30 am: Market tour
- 11:00 am: Cooking class starts
- 3:00 pm: End of cooking class and dropoff
Servicios incluidos destacados
All dietary restrictions
Hands-on cooking class
Mezcal, beer and agua fresca to drink
Oaxaca-Teotitlán round transportation
Traditional Zapotec recipes
Village market tour
Opción de recogida
Pick Up and Drop Off Location: Students will meet and be picked up at the Jardín Etnobotánico de Oaxaca (Ethnobotanic Gardens), which is centrally located in downtown Oaxaca on the corner of Reforma and Constitución at A.P. 367 Centro, Oaxaca, Oaxaca C.P. 68000
Recibirás la confirmación de la disponibilidad de tu reservas dentro de 24 horas. Cuando ya esté confirmado, presenta tu número de referencia de reservación en la escuela de cocina.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity. There will be no refund for participant who did now show up on the day.