At Hanoi Cooking Centre we care about all things Food. Nestled on the edge of Hanoi's famous old quarter and close to picturesque Truc Bach and West Lake, Hanoi Cooking Centre is a cooking school and cafe.
We offer hands-on cooking classes and short courses in a relaxed atmosphere designed by Chef Tracey Lister, co-author of 3 cook book: A Culinary JourneyThrough Vietnam, Vietnamese Street Food, and Real Vietnamese Cooking
Intro to viet cuisine
Street food tour
Hands on cooking
From Monday to Sunday
- 9:00 am: Meet at Hanoi Cooking Centre
- 9:05 am: Introduction to Vietnamese cuisine
- 9:10 am: Market tour
- 9:50 am: Cooking class
- 11:45 am: Lunch and closing discussion
- 12:30 pm: End of course
- 2:30 pm: Meet at Hanoi Cooking Centre
- 2:35 pm: Introduction to Vietnamese cuisine
- 2:40 pm: Market tour
- 3:20 pm: Cooking class
- 5:15 pm: Lunch and closing discussion
- 6:00 pm: End of course
Please contact us on [email protected] to confirm menu availability:
The Cuisine of Hanoi and the Northern Highlands
- The Chinese culinary influence remains in the Capital and the Northern Highlands but the dishes are truly Vietnamese.In this class we will prepare some old Hanoian favourites like Caramel Pork. You will also increase your knowledge by exploring some lesser known dishes from the Highlands.
- Ginger Chicken - Banana Flower Salad - Prawn and Omlette Spring Roll - Classis Dipping Sauce - Sweet Corn and Coconut Soup
Cooking Class with Fresh Seafood From the Coast
- There is not a lot of agriculture on the southern coast so menus feature heavily around fish, rice, and the use of aromatics and spices. Come and enjoy with us this typical southern cuisine cooking class.
- Squid and Pomelo Salad - Caramel Fish - Lacy Spring Roll with Prawn, Crab and Taro - Classic Dipping Sauce
Steam Sweet Dumpling with Mung Beans
Vietnamese Street Food Cooking Class
- Take home some of the hustle and bustle of Hanoi's unique street life by learning how to make some of the delicious food you have enjoyed on the streets of Vietnam.
- Beef Noodle Soup - BBQ Pork Two Ways with Rice Noodle - Fried Pork Spring Roll - Green Papaya Salad - Fruit Cup
Vegan Tofu Cookery
- Vietnam produces some of the best tofu in the world so make the most of it. In this class we will make some tofu dishes rarely seen outside the pagodas.
- Bitter Gourd Filled with Tofu - Tofu Spring Roll - Banana Flower Salad with Peanuts and Sesame - Taro Cakes - Smokey Egg Plant with Chilli and Thai Basil
Vietnamese BBQ and Salads Cooking Class
- On the hot and humid summer days in Vietnam there is always the faint smell of smoke in the air coming from the countless charcoal braziers on which families and restaurants prepare their meals.
- BBQ Pork Ribs - Smokey Eggplant with Dried Shrimps - Beef with Green Peppercorns - Cabbage and Chicken Salad - Seasonal Fruit Yogurt Drink
Master the Art of Spring Rolls
- Spring rolls are not just about prawn and pork. The humble spring roll reflects the changes in Vietnamese cuisine as you travel the length of Vietnam.
- Lap Cheong and Jicama Spring Roll - Beef and Mustard Leaf Roll - Pork Skewer with Rice Paper - Hue Spring Roll
Fried Pork Spring Roll
Meet at the cooking school
You will receive the confirmation of your booking's availability within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking reference number at the cooking school
Full refund will be issued for cancellation made at least 48 hours prior to the activity