À propos de votre expérience
Chengdu’s world-famous cuisine made it only the second city in the world to achieve a UNESCO City of Gastronomy designation, so where better than a Chengdu family home to take a lesson in authentic Sichuan cooking?
You will spend three and a half hours with a local host family who will take you step-by-step through the process of preparing a traditional Sichuan meal from the market to kitchen to table, using family recipes handed down from generation to generation. After that you will eat your meal with the family and can take printouts of the recipes home with you.
Vegetarian available, please inform us at the detail page.
The class includes dinner and Chinese wine and Green tea.
Points forts inclus
Chinese Cooking Techniques
Complementary welcome drinks
Cook at local home
Local market tour
- 4:30 pm: Welcome tea. Meet the host family
- 5:00 pm: A brief introduction to Sichuan cuisine
- 5:15 pm: Take a short walk to the local market to source ingredients
- 6:00 pm: Cooking session
- 7:30 pm: Enjoy the dinner and chat with the host family
- 8:00 pm: End of class
We will cook 3-4 dishes, more people will have more dishes. If you have preference dish, please write down on the detail page.
Classic Sichuan Cusine
- Ma-Po Tofu
- Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs
- Sliced Pork with Minced Garlic
- Doubled-Cooked Pork
- Sliced Boiled Pork in Sichuan Hot Oil
- Scrambled Eggs with Tomatoes
- Jellyfish, Carrot, and Cabbage lettuce
- Pickled Chili with Pork Intestine
- Shredded Pork with Bamboo Tips
- Bean Noodles with Minced Pork
- Boiled Chicken with Sichuan Chili
- Shredded Pork with Garlic Sauce
- Dan-Dan Noodles
- Sichuan Style Garlic Eggplant
- Ribs with Ground Garlic
- Stir-Fried String Beans
- Kung-Pao Lotus
- Kawakita jelly Homemade
- Sichuan Spicy Jelly Tofu
- Spinach (fried garlic fermented bean curd) Water Cress
- Green onion Tofu Salad
- Marked bamboo shoots Tips in Chili
- Cucumber salad Sichuan Style
- Cucumber Salad with garlic kelp
- Shredded seaweed with garlic
- Stir lettuce in Oyster Sause
- Pepper potato Fried Shredded
- Sesame rice balls
- Sticky Rice dumplings with sesame Filling
Lieu de rendez-vous
Meet at the local family's house in center Chengdu, the location information will be sent to your email.
Vous recevrez la confirmation de votre réservation dans les 24 heures suivant votre demande. Une fois confirmée, veuillez présenter votre numéro de référence à l’école de cuisine.
Full refunds will be issued for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to the activity